Spa @ HomeExfoliation -The Secret of Smooth, Glowing and Healthy Skin
Today I am discussing about how I indulge in a spa at home. I love to exfoliate my skin. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells, leave skin radiant and smooth. Exfoliation has the added benefit of increasing blood circulation, drawing blood and oxygen to the surface of the skin. It encourage youthful, energetic glow that is coveted by so many. So exfoliation should be an unavoidable part of your beauty routine. Friends here are some tools which I am using regularly to pamper my skin by exfoliation.
Loofah is one thing which I use regularly. It goes very well with soaps and body washes. I sprinkle few drops of body wash on damp loofah and gently rub it in a circular motion it provides mild exfoliation and removes dead skin and dirt. It is one thing which can be used regularly to exfoliate skin. For daily exfoliation of skin using body washes we should opt for loofah with very soft weaving. Now a days many types of loofah are available in market from coarse to soft loofah made up of either synthetic or gourd fibers.
Exfoliating gloves are designed for use with or without scrubs, and most of them can be used on every part of your body. But I don’t prefer to use them on my face. Since they are very coarse in texture. Before buying exfoliation glove one need to get assured that it should fit properly in hand. They work very well with body scrubs. You need to add few drop of scrub on damp glove and then with gentle pressure rub it on your whole body. Once in a week I prefer to exfoliate my body with glove. They are quite coarse in texture so they should not be used on a daily basis and we need to be quite careful while using it.
Do not use exfoliating gloves on sensitive areas. Rinse the gloves often while exfoliating to wash away dead skin cells and other debris. Add more soap or scrub as needed. Clean and dry your gloves per the care instructions on the package. Some gloves are suitable for machine washing, while others must be hand washed and hung to dry.
Facial cleansing brush is an automatic brush which either come with batteries or electric cord. It gently rotates on the skin area and provides deep cleansing of pores. I use face cleanser as part of my mini facial routine every fortnight. I have seen many significant changes after using it. It removes dirt very quickly and minimizes black and white heads formation. After cleansing with this brush skin became far more clean and soft.
It comes with different size of brushes which can be removed and attached easily and it is very easy to clean this brushes after use. It can be used with face wash and face scrubs both. I use cream based face scrub or gel based face scrub twice a week. And every fortnight I provide my skin deep exfoliation using Facial cleansing brush.
Moisterization is a most important step after exfoliation. It is necessary to moisturize skin after exfoliation.
Dos and Don’ts of Exfoliation
- Every exfoliation tool should be properly cleaned and dry to remove residues of scrubs and dead skin after each use.
- We can also prepare our own DIY scrubs for body and face to exfoliate our skin with natural ingredients.
- Body scrubs and polishes should not be used as face scrubs since they are quite coarse and can lead to damage of tender facial tissues.
- Apply very gentle pressure while exfoliation of skin and take care of sensitive areas.
- While using Facial cleansing brush one should be careful of hairline so as to not catch hair in the device and take extra care around the eye area. It is important not to get cleanser in your eyes. Pressing the brush too hard on the skin will stop the brush from moving and impede the effectiveness of the device.
- One should select Scrubs and moisturizers based on skin types.
- Extra care should be taken if you have sensitive or acne prone skin type.
- Don’t forget to moisturize after exfoliation.